I've finished my 6 round series of chemo! To celebrate, and to break up this year of total suck, we decided it was time to take the kids to Disney. They've never been, and we all needed to go someplace magical. I enlisted a friend who knows all things Disney, and we decided our families should go together. She planned an amazing trip for us, and we got to escape from it all for a while.
Chemo has left me weak, so I wasn't able to do the amount of walking Disney requires each day. It has also left me immunocompromised, so I have to be careful. I rented a scooter and wore a mask in crowds, so I kind of stuck out as a cancer patient--but who cares?!? It was wonderful to watch my kids have so much fun.
Now that we're back, my job is to rest up and prepare for surgery. After that I'll have radiation, and my pathology results will determine the rest of the plan. If you feel inclined to pray or send requests out to the universe, we're hoping the chemo cleared all the active cancer cells.
In the meantime, we're relaxing and holding on to some of that Disney magic.

No comments:
Post a Comment